Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Game 7 Heaven


First, I want to apologize to Bruins fans. I was wrong. Man that was tough to say, because I thought there was no way the Bruins would come out and beat the Hurricanes at home. So, now the pressure lies on a man that has come up big in every Game 7 he has played. Cam Ward will put his 3-0 career Game 7 record on the line. No goalie has ever reached a perfect 4-0 or better in game 7’s, but really how does will this team bounce back from blowing a 3-1 deficit? As for the other game Tuesday night, I predicted right, Getzlaf is a beast! He is dominating like Joan Rivers on Celebrity Apprentice.

So the stage is set for three Game 7. It’s time for the most grueling, exciting, heart-racing, toe-numbing, jaw-dropping, head-shaking, earth-quaking time for these players and fans. There have been 125 Game 7s in NHL history. The home teams are no lock, winning just over 63 % of the time. So, which road warrior will come out on top as the dust settles? Well, I am no soothsayer, but if I had to guess it would be the Penguins. I have said it here numerous times, but they will bounce back and take advantage of a goalie starting to show signs of fatigue.

With so much being made about the Scott Walker – Aaron Ward sucker punch, I have to throw the NHL discipline committee into the Penalty Box. This is a quote from the TSN article; "Based on what was said on the ice as I was dropping my gloves, it was my understanding that I was engaged in an altercation," Scott Walker said in a statement issued by the team. I mean come one! Look, I understand in an NHL fight you have to be ready for the other person to throw a punch at anytime, but a one game suspension would have been sufficient. The NHL is making no sense with these suspensions for the playoffs. I am all for the physical part of the game, but there has been a double standard throughout the playoffs about suspensions. So, for that, the NHL discipline committee gets put in the Penalty Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment