Thursday, May 14, 2009

Towson Tigers


Another quick blog for I am visiting my sister in beautiful Towson, Maryland for the next two days, and catching the Phillies-Nationals game Friday. I must first say congratulations to Alex Ovechkin, what a one man wrecking crew he was in this playoffs, I am truly impressed. Also, congratulation to Sidney Crosby who the last couple of years has been overshadowed by his Russian teammate, but showed in this series he has the skills and determination to take over a series. I know I keep teasing the readers on a full “what this meant to the NHL” blog, but I want to do my research on the numbers and let it set in, so keep on reading and you will read one man’s opinion about that topic. For now let’s all enjoy two more Game 7 tonight.

I have stated that only one road team will win a Game 7, so looks like it already happen. The Hurricanes blew it, and the way Boston sports are going they can do no wrong. Also watch out if the game gets out of hand for retribution towards Scott Walker. The Ducks have gone farther than anyone has expected, and much has been because of their young goaltender. I apologize to my favorite Jonas Brother, I said here expect to see Jiggy in this series, boy was I wrong. The kid has been amazing; he has faced the most shots in the playoffs (484) and leads all goaltenders in save percentage (.946%). I would say with that kind of goaltending you have a shot, but can’t go back on my Stanley Cup pick already so go with the Wings. Sorry for the short entry today, but puck heads enjoy some amazing Game 7s tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment