Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Lollipop Guild

Being a part of a fantasy playoff pool of 170 people is probably the hardest thing in the world to do. Some people might argue quantum physics or a Rubik’s cube. There are so many talent players in this league right now and the beauty of the playoffs is you never know who will step up and be the next John Druce or R.J. Umberger. I applauded my friend Adam for winning last year, still waiting for my Ruth Chris Steak, ummm yummy, and will do the same for the lucky bastard that comes out on top this year. Here is my team feel free to make fun or give me $20 because you are that impressed. Ovechkin, Malkin, Parise, Zetterberg, Briere, Savard, Boyes, Nash, E. Staal, Marleau, Phaneuf, Rozsival, Hamrlik, S. Niedermayer, Luongo, and Khabibulin.



Just a note I was reading through Elias for those fans of teams that lost Game 1. In NHL best-of-seven series, the winner of Game 2 has gone 381-150—winning 71.8 percent of the series. I have always believed that Game 2 is more important than Game 1. I know you want to set a tone for a series by winning at your own place or stealing home ice by winning game 1, but you lose then win the next game obviously you are back to square one. It’s like quitting your job at Dunder Mifflin and working for Michael Scott’s Paper Company. So good news for all those Capitals, Hurricanes, Flyers and Blues fans as they watch their games on Friday night. By the way if you are in charge of the remote control during two playoff games do not leave the room.


Now for my Thursday segment called top shelf, or goal scorer to watch. Nathan Gerbe had 30 goals as a rookie for the Portland Pirates, feels weird not saying Rochester, and now he faces talented Providence goalie Tuukka Rask. Portland the 3rd seed upset the mini Bruins in Game 1, and Gerbe had 4 shots. I have to root for a guy that more resembles a lollipop guild member than a professional hockey player. Well the last game has ended and like Martin Havlat I am getting out of this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment