Wednesday, April 15, 2009

First Night Jitters

So first night so far some surprises, not like the one about Stan Marsh pine wood derby car goes into warp space. I am very interested to see Detroit start their title defense verses a team making the franchise’s first ever playoff appearance. I am also glad that the NHL playoffs don’t take like a week off in between games like the NBA, but don’t get me started on that selfish league. But I digress, back to the defending champions, how the best team gets the best available player in the off season on a ONE year deal! That is like Ryan Seacrest waking up in the morning and realizing he can sing, just not fair. The Detroit Red Wings are put in my penalty box, 2 minutes for thievery.


As I watch the Canucks-Blues game, there is nothing like watching a hockey game in Canada. Makes me think about how the Leafs have not been in the running in a while. This thought brings me to my fearless prediction of the night. OH MAN we almost got to know the Janitors real name tonight on Scrubs. Maple Leafs will trade with the Islanders for John Tavares the kid from Oakville, Ontario. The Islanders are not one player away, and though Mike Milbury is not the GM and the backup goalie is, the Islanders would love to pluck a couple of prospects and picks for just one player. Maybe it will make up for how much they had to give up for both Yashin and DiPietro combined (Chara, Muckalt, Spezza and Roberto Luongo).

Last thought of the night before I retire to bed, unless the Blues come back and force triple OT, is my one-timer. This will be the one thing I want to see happen by the end of the week. I want to see a game end around 2 am, so I know that the playoffs have begun.


No comments:

Post a Comment