Wednesday, April 22, 2009

High School Reunion

So far I am 2-3 on my picks; I just thought Kris Versteeg tailed off a bit at the end of the season, only 17 points in his last 34 games. Interested to see Wednesday if 6-time Norris Trophy winner Nicklas Lidstrom gets nominated or we see some young blood in Shea Webber joining Mike Green and Zdeno Chara. So if you were unhappy with the way your life was going would you send a stripper to your high school reunion? Some California loser did that, I mean you don’t want to be remembered as the nerd who got a good job, but as the girl who gave all the old fat football players lap dances at the reunion.

The Canucks on Monday became the first team to advance to the second round which brings up the discussion of rest vs rust. It is a hard decision, at one end you get your players as healthy as they can be during this hard run. On the other hand seems like the team on a roll who just sit and wait will just loose that momentum. My opinion because that is why you are visiting this site is go with the rest. In a playoff series the healthier team usually wins out. As a Flyers fan how many times did I say boy we would of won that series if we had a healthy Eric Lindros. The Stanley Cup is the hardest trophy to win, you play 82 regular season games and then drooling physical series, to have rest during this time is an added bonus so take it and run.

Now time to put someone in my penalty box. Colin Campbell has been the czar of discipline since the 1998-99 season, and not once have I agreed with his decision on suspensions. Then I hear an interview with him on XM defending his judgment’s just made me sick. He has been running the league at a different standard all depends if you are a “repeat offender”, my question to you is how can someone be called a “repeat offender” if you don’t suspend them once? Just call it even and make decisions based on what you are trying to get rid of in this league, head shots, scuffles when the game is over, sending a message, not on who is a guy you want out of the league. Colin Campbell you get two minutes for not doing your job right.

No comments:

Post a Comment