Sunday, April 19, 2009

The Hat Trick

Sorry puckheads for not having blog entries the last couple of days, been busy working on my tan in 75 degree weather in the great northeast. Here comes the Hat Trick for the week; the top three things I am looking forward to this week.


1) Will the choke continue for the Capitals? No offense to Rangers fans, but come on who expected this from a great offensive team? Now King Henrik is playing out of his mind (stopped 67 of 70 shots in the series), and has stolen both games like the way Angelina Jolie steals husbands and babies from other countries, but COME ON Capitals let’s go! I loved the interview with Capitals coach Bruce Boudrea on the bench saying he had no idea who he was starting. I think we are witnessing one of the all-time choke jobs with this talented team. They have looked very lack luster, expecting the puck to just find its way into the net instead of muscling it to the net themselves. I am very interested to see this series unfold during the week.
2) Will the parade to the penalty box continue in these playoffs? I mean come on NHL, I know you want more power plays but this has been horrible. I have seen too many games with 5 or 6 power plays in a game. I know it’s easy to blame the officials for everything, like blaming Scott Norwood for all of Buffalo’s sports playoff failures is getting ridiculous. I have enjoyed most of the games I have watched but I feel the flow of the game is ruined by the amount of penalties called. I am hopeful that the stripes are just trying to set a precedent, but will allow the teams to play as the series winds down and the pressure heats up. Here’s to hoping.

3) Will the Blackhawks hot streak continue? I called it here last week that Chicago was the dark horse in the west, and boy was I impressed with those baby hawks. Maybe if they continue to win, a certain someone from Mike and Mike in the morning will actually pay attention to them? This team is fun to watch. Toews is a pure winner. The kid just has it, like my dude Justin Timberlake, every team he touches turns to gold. I’m interested to see how they respond on the road because the Saddledome will be rocking. I think these kids will keep it going, send Iron Mike and Playoff Olie home, and sing here comes the hawks the whole time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on this one. Chicago may be a surprise. They have some great young players, but they don't have the playoff experience. I'll be rooting for them, since there's no one I would want to win in the East.

    ReplyDelete